Wednesday, February 13, 2008

THE START??


Well here we go! I am not sure how long I will wait before I show Lisa, Delaney and Mitchell this blog, but it may be awhile. My plan is that it will be a Blog actually maintained by the kids, and right now they are still a bit young for it. My guess is that by the end of the summer Delaney will be more than capable, and Mitch will also be able to assist.


Until that time, it's just going to be me, Mark, adding items.


As mentioned, we plan to go away on Charlotte-Ann for a year. I will continue to work offshore with Oceaneering as an ROV (Remotely Operated Vehicle) Superintendent, commuting back and forth on a month on/month off rotation. Lisa is a stay at home mom, so she and the kids will live on the boat (and home school) for the entire year.

The goal is to spend the next 1-1/2 years getting the boat ready to leave (this will be documented as time passes), with a planned departure of July 2009.


The very tentative plan is to spend part of that summer in Ontario, then make our way to Cape Hatteras. A big part of the trip will involve kiteboarding, something that hopefully the kids will be able to do by the departure date. After some kiting in Hatteras, we hope to do some more in the flats of the Florida Keys, and then finally the Bahamas. As I said, the plan is very tentative, but this is the basic route .


Before we axctually leave I will be adding posts highlighting past trips we have made on our boats, including the trip Lisa and I did to the Florida Keys before the kids came along.

No comments: